Washington Heights Veterinary Clinic, a highly regarded small animal practice located in the Houston Heights is looking for a ninth DVM to join its team. Washington Heights Veterinary Clinic was established in 2009 with the mission of providing an unparalleled level of patient and client care in a compassionate and progressive setting. This commitment over the last decade has allowed WHVC to foster strong ties within the community and has attracted a diverse team of nearly 40 highly skilled and caring associates and support staff.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated with excellent multi-tasking skills that can contribute to our high standard of patient care and client service. They are passionate about what they do and collaborate well with those they work with.
Our staff is our most vital asset, and we strive to keep their happiness and wellbeing at the forefront of all we do. Without them, Washington Heights Veterinary Clinic would not be what it is today. In joining our team, you will have the opportunity to grow professionally and cultivate strong relationships with colleagues, support staff, and the clients we serve.
Our 3 to 1 veterinary technician to DVM ratio frees doctors from technical work allowing them to focus on providing high quality medicine. Our practice includes a full in-house laboratory, ultrasound, therapy laser, fully equipped surgical and dental suites, and cryosurgery. We are also undergoing expansion to create a new state of the art treatment room, stand alone boarding building, and procedures room.
· $120,000 - $150,000 base salary (working 3 vs 4 days per week)
· 22% commission on production paid out quarterly
· $3000 continuing education allowance
· $8,000 sign on bonus
· Simple IRA with employer match
· Health insurance
· Dental insurance
· Vision insurance
· Paid time off (equivalent to one month)
· Paid parental leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Professional Licensure Coverage
· Professional Liability Insurance
· Professional dues reimbursement
· Additional PTO for CE
· Short term disability
· Employee discounts
· 10-hour shift with option to work 3 or 4 days per week
· Weekend availability (1-2 weekends per month)
· Skilled in preventative care medicine
· Skilled in soft tissue surgery and dentistry
· Enjoys a busy, fast-paced environment
· Strong communication and leadership skills
· Effective collaborator
· High standards for patient and client care
*Holds a current DVM licensure in the United States
Washington Heights Veterinary Clinic is a proudly independently owned small animal practice in Houston, Texas, With 8 DVMS and a medical director, we have a thriving mentorship porgram for new employees.