Red River Animal Emergency Hospital & Referral Center
Location: Fargo, North Dakota
Type: Full Time
Vet Tech / Nurse / Assistant
We are North Dakota’s only 24/7 Emergency Hospital and Referral Center, and we love being the best at what we do!
· We are currently seeking technicians for our VECCS level II ER department. Overnights (shift differential $5 between 8pm and 6am is available for overnight shifts) and weekend availability is preferred.
Who We are
Red River Animal Emergency Hospital and Referral Center was established 17 years ago as North Dakotas first dedicated Emergency Hospital. Over the years, RRAEH’s passion to serve its veterinary community has led to non-stop growth of both our facility and staff. Although, we have had non-stop growth, we stay true to our roots of everyone is valued and family comes first. RRAEH strives to provide the highest level of medicine for our veterinary community, while creating a pleasant and fulfilling work environment for our team. Our hospital was founded by local veterinarians and remains that way, with many of our owners working side by side with you in our hospital. We are currently a team of 95 plus employees, of which we have two Boarded Critical Care specialists, eleven highly skilled ER Veterinarians, 28 amazing technicians, and a dedicated support staff. In the last year, we expanded to open our Referral Center that has created space for additional specialties to better serve our veterinary community and add additional jobs for those who may be interested in expanding their skills outside of GP and Emergency. We are proud of our hospital, our staff, and our community, and we are excited about the opportunity of having you work with us!
We at RRAEH understand that as a veterinary technician, you have dedicated so much of your life to saving and helping animals and their owners. Whether you are a recent grad or have been working as a technician for years, we want to support you and welcome you to our family. Here at RRAEH we are dedicated to the continual growth of all our employees and are looking for technicians who never want to stop learning. Each of our departments has their own level system, allowing employees to continually grow and learn, and be paid for their hard work and dedication in the exciting and fast-paced world that is Emergency Medicine.
As an ER Veterinary Technician at RRAEH, you will:
· Triage emergency cases as they arrive and communicate effectively with owners and veterinarians on incoming cases
· Provide treatments for hospitalized patients including IV fluid therapy, oxygen therapy, wound care, feeding tube management, provide patient assessments for pain and discomfort
· Technical skills include IV catheter and central line placement, sample collection (phlebotomy, cystocentesis, and urinary catheterization), nasal insufflation catheters, blood and plasma transfusions.
· Develop proficiency in radiography, anesthesia during emergency surgery, anesthetic ventilation and neonatal nursing, and critical care monitoring
· Perform in-house laboratory testing including CBC, Chemistry, blood gas analysis, urinalysis, cytology, coagulation tests, blood type and crossmatch, we have a full IDEXX Lab
· Collect, store and ship laboratory samples for reference lab testing
· Specialty skills include CT imaging (we have a 16 slice CT), dialysis and long term ventilator cases
· Communicate with clients to discharge patients while providing compassion and empathy in all circumstances
Advanced Technical Skills:
· Digital radiography
· Ultrasound imaging
· IDEXX laboratory equipment
· Arterial line maintenance
· Induce, maintain, and recover critical or emergent patients
· Anesthetic ventilation
· Mechanical ventilation
Benefits and Salary:
We want you to grow with us, let us know your goals and we will help you to reach them!
Salary: Starting up to $25 per hour (more with emergency experience), with a pay range for our ER technicians of $22 to $34 per hour
Schedule: F/T Technicians are scheduled Three 12-hour shifts per week.
Full-Time benefit options include (Most benefits begin day 1 of employment!)
Health Care Benefits – Medical is partially paid for by RRAEH (Blue Cross Blue Shield Platinum), dental & vision options available
401k Retirement Plan with match
Pet Care Discounts/Pet Food Discounts
CE Allowance and frequent in house CE opportunities
Employee Assistance Program
Shift Differential (Overnight $5 an hour between 8pm to 6am)
Reimbursement of licenses and specialty dues
· Experience working in a veterinary practice preferred but not required if certified or licensed in veterinary technology
· Graduate from AVMA-accredited Veterinary Technology program is required, equivalent work experience in emergency veterinary medicine may be considered if tech is not certified or licensed.
The Fargo-Moorhead area is abundant with culture and opportunities for you or your family to enjoy life outside of work. Being on the North Dakota/Minnesota line, you get the best of three cities and two states, all located north of normal! North Dakota and Minnesota offer plenty of outdoor adventure opportunities from hiking, biking, fishing, skiing, and more. The Fargo-Moorhead area has excellent school systems, including several Universities. Between the Lakes, endless concerts and shows, year round sporting events, Downtown eateries, breweries, and festivals, there is something for everyone! Come join our amazing team and wonderful city. Also check out https://www.fargomoorhead.org/
Interested in learning more? Have questions or just want to know what life in Fargo or our hospital are like. Visit our website at rraeh.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let me tell you about everything our hospital and area can offer you. Serious and casual inquiries are welcome!
About Red River Animal Emergency Hospital & Referral Center
Red River Animal Emergency Hospital and Referral Center is a well-established VECCS level 2 certified center with an exceptional reputation for having served North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota communities for over 16 years. We are North Dakota's only 24/7 regional emergency hospital who is 100% local veterinarian owned. Tucked in the beautiful Red River valley we are proud of the integral role we play in our veterinary community and are excited to be expanding our current facility to add our two-story Specialty and Referral Center.
Our state of the art facility has a large ICU, two surgery suites, extensive in-house lab, bedside oxygen, Snyder O2 unit, 16 slice CT, advanced ultrasound and echo services, GI endoscope, and much more. Our Criticalists also provide hemodialysis, plasmapheresis, and mechanical ventilator therapies. With the addition of our Specialty and Referral Center, we are looking to also add Boarded Specialists in Surgery, Internal Medicine, Oncology, Dermatology, and Ophthalmology.
RRAEH has a skilled, fun, and energetic team that is focused on outstanding patient care, exemplary client and referring veterinarian service, and progressive growth for ...the hospital, clinicians, and support staff! We are growing fast and hope that you will come join our amazing team and community!