Fabulous Veterinarian needed to join Cat Depot’s, atypical, managed care access rescue, adoption, education and resource center located in culturally rich, outdoor sports oriented Sarasota, Florida, minutes from sparkling beaches on the Gulf of Mexico.
Changing the lives of cats for the better is what we do best. We make sure that no matter what their story before they came to us, and no matter what they experience after they leave, while they are with us, they are loved and all their medical needs are fully met. Cat Depot is seeking a Veterinarian who wants to practice a hybrid of private practice and shelter medicine in a positive, supportive environment. Join our dynamic medical team of dedicated in changing the lives of homeless cats and kittens by providing cutting-edge medicine, innovation, and best practices in our beautifully appointed 11,000+ square foot facility.
Supported by a skilled, dedicated technician team, you will perform the full scope of wellness and preventive care, work up complicated and interesting medical cases, expand your surgery skills and learn more about these complex little feline beings than you could have ever imagined. Our Veterinarian works closely with our knowledgeable Intake team in maintaining vaccination, preventive medicine, and routine infectious disease protocols, nutrition and feeding protocols, and parasite control measures. Our fully equipped facilities, include dental radiography, digital x-ray, in-house lab equipment, Sedivue, cold laser and ultrasound.
Benefits include a highly competitive salary, insurance, vacation pay, continuing education, and a friendly, talented team who puts cats first and loves working together. Relocation and Education Reimbursement are negotiable.
New graduates welcome!
For more information, visit us online at www.catdepot.org.
Excellent client relationship and team skills.
Passion for cats with strong understanding of feline behavior and medicine.
Surgery, dentistry skills, internal medicine, and critical care skills experience.
Knowledge and experience in disease management.
Interest and ability to participate in occasional rescue work.
Ability to handle a fast paced, multi-task environment of a growing and respected free-roaming shelter.
Ability to work some weekend hours, and willingness to be flexible to the changing needs of our community and operation.
Professionalism at all times, including an enthusiastic, positive, diplomatic demeanor.
Affiliation with AAHA, AAFP, HSUS, Best Friends or ASPCA initiatives a plus.
Founded in 2003, Cat Depot's mission is to save lives, find loving homes, and provide resources and education needed to improve the destiny of homeless cats. Cat Depot, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, limited-admission, free-roaming adoption, rescue, and education center, is recognized for its progressive design and commitment to helping homeless, abandoned, and injured felines locally, regionally, and nationally.
* Rescue: Cat Depot works daily to rescue abandoned, abused, injured, relinquished, and free-roaming community/feral cats and kittens. In 2022, Cat Depot assisted with local and national rescues due to both natural and man-made disasters.
* Adoption: Our goal is to find a good match and loving home for every cat who enters Cat Depot. Dedicated efforts have resulted in increased adoption numbers every year for the last five years. Nearly 1,200 cats and kittens found forever homes in 2022 through Cat Depot’s adoption program.
* Cat Care Clinic: In an effort to care for sick and injured cats and their distressed owners, Cat Depot opened an affordable care clinic in November 2014. Reduced prices have helped people and their pets not only in Sarasota County by the surrounding a...reas. Over 4,200 cats and kittens receive treatment each year in the Cat Care Clinic.
* Community Food Bank: Cat Depot provides food for over 12,000 community cats and underserved personal pets each year.
Humane Education Program: Cat Depot offers educational activities that promote awareness and knowledge of cat behavior and care through public workshops, lectures, printed materials, and an online resource library.
* TNVR (Trap, Neuter, Vaccinate, Return) Program: Our TNVR Program was developed to educate the public about free-roaming cats, offer resources for free and low-cost medical care and spay/neuter surgeries, rent traps, and place adoptable cats and kittens into loving homes.