Vinton Veterinary Hospital is nestled beautifully within the Blue Ridge Mountains in the Roanoke Valley, is seeking to hire an Associate DVM to join our practice.
Vinton Veterinary Hospital has been offering the highest quality medical care for our patients and excellent customer service for our clients since 1973.
More information at www.vintonvet.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Modern building with five exam rooms, treatment area, isolation area, surgery suite, dental suite, three kennel wards plus runs, large comfortable employee lounge
- Complete in-house laboratory capabilities (VS2 machines, Vet Scan Classic Idexx Catalyst DX) for selected blood chemistries tests run by licensed veterinary technicians. Long term relationship with external full-service clinical and pathological laboratories
- In house ECG?s
- Fujinon Eve Processor Endoscope / Bronchoscope.
- TruDR Digital X-Ray System
- Isoflourane anesthesia
- Advanced Dentistry with Fully Equipped Dental Suite
- Excellent surgical monitoring capabilities including pulse oximetry, multiparaimeter monitors
- Orthopedic & laser surgery
- Core Imaging SIUI 8800 Ultrasound Machine
- Companion Therapy Laser
- Complete in-House pharmacy ? inventory of established and up to date pharmaceuticals.
- Newest version of Avimark computerization, including in each examination room
- Close group of 6 veterinarians
Residents and visitors of this area enjoy hiking, cycling, fishing, water sports, winter sports, scenic drives, birding and wildlife viewing, motorcycling touring and geocaching. The outdoor type can enjoy one of twenty-five hiking trails in close proximity and other amazing hikes just a short drive away.
Roanoke is in very close proximity to Smith Mountain and Claytor Lakes. The Blue Ridge Parkway is steps away from downtown Roanoke.
We also enjoy a lively arts community with a plethora of museums, including the newly renovated Center in the Square and the Taubmann Museum of Art and other historic museums such as the O. Winston Link Museum and Virginia Museum of Transportation.
Residents enjoy the performing arts with the Mill Mountain Theatre and Roanoke Children?s Theatre as well as local music venues such as the Kirk Avenue Music Hall and can see larger acts at the Roanoke Civic Center and Performing Arts Center, nearby Salem Civic Center, and coming soon, Roanoke?s first outdoor Amphitheater.
Roanoke is host to a multitude of annual outdoor festivals. For wine enthusiast, Roanoke is surrounded by 9 vineyards. We are also host to several budding local beer breweries. For the foodie, Downtown and surrounding areas offer a wide variety of gourmet and boutiques restaurants. The Town of Vinton provides small town character with urban services and amenities located nearby. The small town atmosphere is characterized by a low crime rate; small, locally and regionally owned businesses; and moderately priced homes. Views of the mountains and Blue Ridge Parkway abound. Vinton represents the ideal type of community, small enough to provide a feeling of belonging, yet progressive enough to provide the facilities, services and conveniences that are necessary to make a community feel like home to its citizens.
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.