Location: Purcellville, Virginia
Type: Full Time
Generous Base Salary
Choice of Incentive(s): Student Loan Repayment Plan, Retention Bonus, Sign-On Bonus, Health Insurance Reimbursement, Vacation Allowance, Relocation Assistance or Donation to a charity of your choice!
Quarterly Leadership Bonuses of up to 10%
Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, ancillary coverage & 401k
Attractive PTO and a schedule which will provide a healthy work-life balance
Competitive CE sponsorship and coverage of Licensing, DEA, dues & fees
DVM or equivalent
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
**Generous Base Salary and Sign-On Incentives!!
Blue Ridge Veterinary Associates is a ten-doctor practice in Purcellville, VA (an hour from Washington, D.C., and Baltimore, MD), and an excellent 24-hour hospital. For over 30 years, our staff has helped thousands of pets live healthier, happier, and longer-lasting lives. We see everything from routine puppy visits to complex surgical and internal medicine cases, including emergencies. We also work extensively with rescue organizations.
Purcellville, Virginia is for those seeking an active lifestyle in a creatively focused, well-rounded community. Purcellville is ideally situated, an hour from Washington D.C., and only 30 minutes from Dulles International Airport. Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge, this family-friendly 18th-century town has somewhat of a frontier feel to it. The low-slung buildings of downtown, including a renovated grain mill turned restaurant and a 1940s Buick dealership turned whiskey distillery, are reminiscent of a film set. Kids and teens love the mom ‘n’ pop diners, ice cream parlors, thrift stores, roller rink and ballpark and the town is an excellent departure point for the wineries, breweries and hiking trails of the surrounding countryside.
Get to Know Purcellville | City of Purcellville
As a Managing Veterinarian at Blue Ridge Veterinary Associates, you will receive:
- Generous Base Salary
- Choice of Incentive(s): Student Loan Repayment Plan, Retention Bonus, Sign-On Bonus, Health Insurance Reimbursement, Vacation Allowance, Relocation Assistance or Donation to a charity of your choice!
- Quarterly Leadership Bonuses of up to 10%
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, ancillary coverage & 401k
- Attractive PTO and a schedule which will provide a healthy work-life balance
- Competitive CE sponsorship and coverage of Licensing, DEA, dues & fees
- Opportunity to provide new services to our community- Blue Ridge Veterinary Associates supports the CE interests of our Veterinarians!
In order to provide top-notch quality medicine, we are equipped with large exam rooms and two dedicated surgical suites along with all the bells and whistles including a full array of diagnostic tools and services including:
- Digital Radiography
- Digital Dental Radiography
- A fully stocked pharmacy
- On-site blood bank
- Reproduction consultation (ICSB)
- In-house lab equipment
- Class IV HotTherapy Laser
Medical Director Leadership Qualities, Responsibilities & Qualifications:
We are looking for someone who will foster a positive, supportive environment that will encourage learning and collaboration across our team. We want someone who instills teamwork. You should be passionate about providing quality medicine, client education, and exceptional service to our loyal clientele.
Advancing Medical Care
- Oversee surgical and medical cases for all doctors, ensuring positive outcomes, accurate estimates, and client communication and education
- Answer client questions and concerns regarding medical and surgical procedures
- Provide oversight and direction of medical standards, quality of care and inventory
- Minimize waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories
Leading Staff and Practice
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing process for Doctors and, when appropriate, general staff members
- Be passionate about Mentoring other Associates
- Monitor Doctor performance and production
- Ensure all medical staff receive applicable training, including the mentoring of new graduates
- Support the Hospital Manager with staff training programs and tracking CE and DVM licensure
In Partnership with Hospital Leadership Team
- Drive revenue and contribute to hospital growth, including managing hospital expenses
- Assist in the preparation of an annual planning strategy, operating budget and capital budget
- Monitor key financial reports
- Drive patient visits and encourages community involvement
- Embrace change and support interests within the hospital
- Monitor client service, marketing, and growth initiatives
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Virginia
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Delegate tasks and achieves results with hospital team members
- Make decisions confidently and effectively
- Lead employees by coaching, correcting, developing, and motivating them to achieve success
- Manage time and tasks appropriately
- Model a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
For more information, please visit our website at Blue Ridge Veterinary Associates