Robinson Drive Animal Hospital is seeking a full-time Associate Veterinarian to join our family! We currently have 1 full time and 1 part time doctor. Our doctors strive to provide the gold-standard of care when treating our patients. We aim to make the veterinary experience as friendly and comfortable as possible while still providing progressive and compassionate care. We are exclusively small animal (dogs and cats) with a small exotic clientele. Interest in growing the exotic aspect welcomed!
About Our Hospital
- We have roughly a 3,000 sq. ft. facility with 3 exam rooms.
- We are equipped with digital radiography, ultrasound, warming unit, in-house laboratory, Zoetis referral lab, surgery suite with 2 surgical tables, anesthetic monitors, IV pumps, a dental unit with drill and dental radiology.
- We are located in the Waco suburb of Robinson, so you get all the amenities of Waco with the small-town feel and camaraderie of Robinson
- We are privately (not corporately) owned
What We Offer
- Fully covered health insurance, CE stipend, PTO, dues local and state VMA, TX license, DEA license.
- 4 day work weeks; no after hours emergencies or weekends
- Our seasoned veterinarians are available to mentor as needed.
- Types of pay offered: salary, pro-sal, or commission.
The Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with clients. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients. Please see additional responsibilities below.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening, and empathizing with their concerns.
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventative health care and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assist in the development in paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital on the professional community and to the general public.
About Our Area
Waco, dubbed “The Heart of Texas,” is in central Texas, centrally located between the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex and Austin. The current population is greater than 134,000 and is rapidly growing. The county seat of McLennan County, Waco was founded in 1849 by the Huaco Indians. It is home of Dr. Pepper, Baylor University, Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum, and the Texas Sports Hall of Fame. Additionally, Waco is the hometown of Chip and Joanna Gaines of Fixer Upper fame and the Magnolia Market.
Waco offers more than enough to keep you busy. Mountain bike or hike in Cameron Park, visit the animals at Cameron Park Zoo, or explore downtown where you’ll find Magnolia Market, antique stores, and wonderful local shops and restaurants. Stroll through our cultural and historic district. Walk across the historic Suspension Bridge, built in 1870, where the hooves of cattle followed the Chisholm and Shawnee Trails.
Outdoor adventures abound. You can simply relax at the 79,000-acre Lake Waco or go canoeing in the Brazos river. Cameron Park itself consists of 410 acres with miles of hiking, biking and equestrian trails as well as fishing and a disc-golf course. Additional outdoor/ water activities include camping and boating at Lake Waco, Hawaiian Falls Water Park and Waco Surf. American Airlines has a hub located in Waco.
If this sounds like an opportunity you are interested in, we encourage you to please apply and join our family!