The position pays 21% of production, or $70/hr, whichever is higher. NOTE: All PC DVMs are earning more via production versus hourly. Hourly amount serves as a safety net, but production is clearly more lucrative for our doctors.
DVM or equivalent
2 openings available.
The Ann Arbor Animal Hospital is seeking experienced full-time and part-time General Practitioners. Ann Arbor is an amazing place to live as evidenced by the many top rankings the city has received... please use the link that follows to learn more about why Ann Arbor is such a wonderful place to work and live: Ann Arbor Rankings The ideal candidate should be comfortable handling routine and acute cases. We are an AAHA accredited hospital located on the west side of Ann Arbor, MI. Our practice has been serving Ann Arbor and the surrounding counties for over 90 years. We are an appointment based clinic which helps DVMs manage both their professional and personal lives. The hospital sees both an established general practice client base along with non-hospital clients seeking care analogous to an Urgent Care. Our primary care service operates seven days a week, but scheduling strives to balance work and quality of life. Our state of the art facility has all the tools to practice excellent medicine including highly skilled Licensed Veterinary Technicians and Veterinary Assistants, a dedicated ICU, advanced anesthetic monitoring, anesthetic ventilator, ultrasound, ligasure, and visiting cardiologists. This is a unique opportunity to practice both general and urgent care medicine while working directly alongside other veterinarians- shifts are never solo. Our ideal candidate has completed a rotating Small Animal Internship, has minimum 2 years of experience, or is an exceptional new graduate candidate. The compensation package is highly competitive with the higher or 21% production or $70/hr (whichever is higher) including CE, health insurance (which includes dental and vision plus the hospital contributes up to $345/month towards the employee's monthly insurance premium), SIMPLE IRA, license fees, national/local association dues, etc. Our unique standing in the metro Ann Arbor area makes our hospital a personally and professionally rewarding opportunity. For more information, please visit our website at: www.AnnArborAnimalHospital.com.
Desired Behaviors: 1. Possesses a passion for delivering the highest level of patient care possible.
2. Recognizes and is comfortable with the role of informal leader: a. Role models appropriate behaviors. b. Acts as a mentor and coach. c. Role models and fosters a learning environment in an effort to leverage peer and staff skills (technical, interpersonal, etc.).
3. Positive / effective communications: a. Communicates to clients and co-workers in a positive, professional manner in order to enhance the reputation of the hospital and improve the atmosphere for others. b. Is a good listener with the goal of leveraging productivity, efficiency, and patient care.
4. Able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure patient care is kept as the highest priority.
5. Is a team-player and values the need to contribute to others’ success.
6. Dedicated, “can-do” mentality demonstrated by willingness to go the extra mile. If patient flow demands, DVM stays beyond their regularly scheduled shift understanding their role and why their presence and positive attitude are necessary.
7. Compassionate and empathetic towards clients and their pets.
8. Detail oriented with a heightened focus towards accuracy and follow-up.
Position Responsibilities: 1. Medical & Surgical: a. Performs physical examinations and other appropriate diagnostic procedures; diagnoses medical or surgical conditions and presents treatment alternatives to the client. b. Performs medical and surgical (if scheduled in Sx) procedures; provides emergency services in accordance with hospital policy. c. Promptly and accurately updates client records (including completing medical records, treatment plans and rounding before the start and before the end of each shift).
2. Human Resources: a. Plays a leadership role with LVTs and Assistants; works with them to assess their current skill level then encourages and assists them with both professional and personal growth (proactive coaching). b. Delivers in-house medical training to staff.
3. Client Relations: a. Takes time to communicate in a warm, clear, and concise manner with clients, presenting them with treatment alternatives while being sensitive to their emotional needs and financial status. b. Sets an example for the staff in dealing with clients; promotes the concept of a client-centered environment. c. Is sensitive to clients’ and patients’ best interests including making referral options for treatment.
4. Practice Leadership: a. Leads by example regarding a positive, fun working environment that strives to provide benchmark patient care. b. Maintains a professional, positive attitude even under stress. c. Promotes cooperative working environment among staff members; understands the value of teamwork; shows enthusiasm and willingness to perform as necessary to help the hospital function as a cohesive, high performing team.
The Ann Arbor Animal Hospital is a locally owned, full service veterinary clinic in Ann Arbor, Michigan, serving Washtenaw County and the surrounding areas. We are AAHA-accredited and provide routine primary veterinary care by walk-in seven days a week, with limited appointments available Monday through Friday, and Emergency and Critical Care 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. See our website's "About Us" page to learn more.