Principal Veterinarian or Experienced Associate Veterinarian
All Pets Animal Hospital
Location: Columbia Heights, Minnesota
Type: Full Time
Salary: $135,000 - $200,000
No negative salary
DVM or equivalent
Experienced Veterinarian or Head of Hospital
Ask about our Sign-On Bonus and Relocation support!
All Pets Animal Hospital - We have HEART! Like you, we're dedicated to serving pets and their people in our communities. And, like you, we appreciate the satisfaction born of a life devoted to helping and healing. Our Hospital is seeking a Principal Doctor (PD) to lead our experienced team. Our client base is growing, and we are looking for a happy and healthy lead doctor to serve the pets and people in the Minnesota community.
At All Pets Animal Hospital, you will find a great place to practice medicine with an experienced doctor team and excellent support staff. Our veterinary clinic is a well-established community practice. We seek an experienced leader to engage in a practice life supporting a fulfilling environment. As the PD, you will support and work in a collaborative relationship with a team. We desire a doctor who is excited to be part of a team, our family, and not just an employee.
Our multi-doctor Hospital is a full-service small animal veterinary hospital that provides comprehensive medical care, including surgery, dentistry, and critical care. We also emphasize preventative health care, which includes puppy and kitten wellness, annual examinations, and dental awareness.
Quarterly Bonuses / No Negative Accrual
Annual Profit Sharing for Principal Doctor
Flexible schedules to meet your individual need
200 annual hours of Paid Time Off (including holidays/sick pay)
A large CE allowance designed to fit any stage of your career
Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Health Savings Account with $500 put in yearly
DEA and State License coverage
Professional liability included
Health care plans for two pets
All Pets is partners with WellHaven and is a small family of practices. WellHaven Pet Health helps veterinarians and their teams succeed both personally and professionally. We value our medical teams and strive to support everyone - every day. Our focus on personal growth, practice support, and life balance frame the relationship we want with our hospital staff.
COVID Information: We know finding a new job during COVID can be scary. We work closely with Public Health professionals to keep our staff safe and healthy. If you get sick or are exposed, we have processes to keep you and your role safe.
• Provides consistent, high-quality medical care and exceptional service to patients and clients
• Partner with Practice Manager (PM) and/or Director of Field Consulting (as applicable): o Develop annual planning, budgeting, and hospital productivity levels o Interview, select talent, train, develop, coach, and mentor employees o Have an effective communications strategy and techniques, so all employees are informed, engaged, and have opportunities to provide/receive feedback o Maximize hospital efficiency, profit, productivity, and business performance of the hospital o Address and resolve client and employee conflicts o Ensure all licensures are current for all employees (as applicable)
• Direct, lead, train, and mentor Associate Doctor(s) to: o Realize their full professional potential o Deliver outstanding medical care, client service, and business results o Have development plans to achieve goals and deliver priorities o Be proficient in anesthesia, surgery, dentistry, and current medical practices
• Create and maintain veterinarians’ schedules to meet client needs according to WellHaven guidelines, while proactively planning time off and CE scheduling
• Responsible for ensuring the practical training of employees to: o Demonstrate exceptional client service o Follow all WellHaven protocols and practices o Achieve practice priorities o Complete medical records that meet practice quality control guidelines
• Practice veterinary medicine in a manner compliant with the following: o State Veterinary Practice Act o Federal and/or State Controlled Substance laws o WellHaven Code of Ethics and company policies o Appropriate medical record documentation o OSHA and DEA regulations and safety standards
• Demonstrate integrity and ethics in all actions and behaviors • Responsible for community outreach, events, and outside marketing • Other job duties as assigned
WellHaven is hiring!
Whether you are looking for a full-time career, part-time job or prefer to work on an “as needed” basis, WellHaven offers an opportunity you won’t get anywhere else!
Learn more about WellHaven at https://wellhavenpethealth.com/