You know you are meant to be a small animal and exotics DVM WHEN....
1. Having a dynamic day moving from one species to another is invigorating
2. You enjoy collaboration with your vet team and colleagues across the profession to learn new techniques and implement new medical research findings into your day.
3. Excitement occurs, when you realize your creative and inventive ideas actually work!
4. Diagnostic testing and evidence based medicine is important to your decision making process.
5. Education and client communication brings you satisfaction that you are making a difference.
6. You're comfortable trying something new, outside of your comfort level in an effort to grow, learn and save animals lives.
Combine these themes with a close team of colleagues who enjoy working together to provide a different veterinary experience for their patients and owners and you've found your work family.
Full-time position (4.5 day work week), above average pay, small town feel with clients who want to go the extra mile for their pets is what you'll find.
Where are we located?
We are 45 minutes south of Houston, just outside of Lake Jackson and are close to the beach community of Surfside. This area is growing rapidly, with many good paying career opportunities for significant others/spouses close by.
Whether you prefer the urban life of the city, or spending time in the great outdoors, the area offers lots of activities. Go to the beach, get in some fishing time or head to Houston for shopping, dining, and a concert.
Our community is a top birding location due to its proximity along major migratory pathways. It is also a very dog friendly community with many pubs allowing for furry friends on the patios and a brand new dog park!
Want to jet away for a vacation or to visit family and friends? IAH is just a 45 minute drive up the road and has multiple daily direct flights to most airports. Galveston is also just down the road with many vacation cruise lines departing weekly.
Please feel free to contact us if you are interested and would like to come down for a visit at