All Creatures Animal Hospital is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our team!
The Associate Veterinarian plays a significant role in the medical operations of the veterinary practice. Associate Veterinarians are responsible for the compassionate care of animal patients in conjunction with delivery of exceptional communication and service to animal owners. Occupants of this role are expected to exhibit the highest standards of professional integrity and deliver optimal medical care to include: diagnostics, prescribing medications, performing various treatments and therapies, completion of surgical procedures and dentistry when applicable. Associate Veterinarians are also expected to be leaders of the practice while elevating their qualified support staff to deliver excellent client service and to carry out duties which do not require Veterinarian licensure.
DVM degree or equivalent
• License to practice veterinary medicine within applicable state(s)
• Previous experience practicing veterinary medicine preferred but not required
• Diverse academic knowledge of veterinary medicine
• Ability to translate medical knowledge and to train support staff
• Must possess and role model the highest ethical standards for practicing veterinary medicine
• Outstanding customer service skills with the ability to introduce and role model strong service standards for all types of client interactions
• Proficient computer and software skills including: Word, Excel, Outlook, and other practice management systems and software
• Must show a commitment to professional development and continual improvement
• Dynamic interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences and to manage stress gracefully
• Critical thinking and analytical abilities with strong attention to detail to guide medical decisions
• Ability to perform physical aspects of the role including standing, reaching and lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Must be flexible regarding work schedule to accommodate the needs of the practice