The Animal Hospital of Dauphin County (AHDC) has been providing for pets in the greater Harrisburg and Hershey area for over 50 years. We are currently seeking a full time Associate Veterinarian to add to our growing practice.
About the Hospital
AHDC is a progressive, full-spectrum small animal practice located near Harrisburg and Hershey, PA. We also see exotic pets on a limited basis based on veterinarian comfort/interest level. We are a team-motivated, client-centric practice with a strong focus on preventative medicine as well as a team approach to cases. Additionally, we are constantly growing our client base through flexibility and availability as well as a continually developing referral services program; which currently includes ultrasonography, cardiology, physical therapy, I-131, and advanced surgery. Our hospital offers both in-house and outside laboratory capabilities (Idexx), digital radiology, excellent surgical monitoring capabilities, and Cornerstone computer software used throughout the hospital. We also offer a competitive salary, benefits, and continuing education allowance.
· DVM or VMD degree from an accredited university
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Pennsylvania
· New grads encouraged to apply, internship experience would be plus!
· Work with clients to deliver a consistent quality of medical care to our patients
· Communicate effectively with both clients and team members
· Present all treatment options and help clients make informed decisions
· Maintain complete and accurate medical records
· Supervise and work closely with the veterinary technicians to provide excellent patient care!
About Animal Hospital of Dauphin County
The Animal Hospital of Dauphin County has been caring for pets in the greater Harrisburg and Hershey communities since 1962. We started out in a small, three-bedroom house (now home to our business offices). After several expansions, we now work in a 6,000 square-foot, fully equipped animal hospital. We focus on prevention and early detection of diseases, which allows for more effective treatment and a longer life for the pets that we care for. We update our testing methods and treatments through continuing education and by consulting with specialists in many disciplines.