We are a full service, small animal hospital and dental specialty referral hospital. Two medical doctors are on staff daily with a tech ratio of 3:1. Our reputation in the area is outstanding. We have been established in Flower Mound for 35 years achieving over 20% growth the last 3 years. Our staff is trained and managed well. Our clients trust us and our ability to care for their pets, and our recommendations are generally accepted.
We are located just north of Dallas and Fort Worth in the beautiful town of Flower Mound TX, voted "2017 Best Cities for Families in the US", "2018 Most Livable Small City in the US" We are a fully equipped hospital with electronic medical records, full in-house lab, ultrasound, digital radiography, Cardell monitors, and all the equipment needed to achieve full baseline diagnostics in 20 minutes.
Our team lives the core values this hospital is built on, we are known for wonderful service for our clients, and the best medicine for their pets.
Core Values our team has agreed to uphold:
We are empathetic toward clients and each other.
We will have a pristine, organized, odor free environment.
We are transparent with each other and our clients.
We have clear, positive communication.
We are willing to find answers and present solutions.
We offer excellent patient care.
We are considerate of our clients’ time.
Check out our website, give our hospital a call. Come see the difference.
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Texas
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
• Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics