Robinson Hospital for Animals located in Robinson, IL is seeking to hire an Associate DVM to join our practice (Generous sign-on/retention bonus and relocation for qualified candidates outside of the area. Federal Student Loan Repayment Incentive up to 30%).
Located in Robinson, Illinois, Robinson Hospital for Animals is a full-service veterinary medical facility providing primary care, referral services and emergency services to cats, dogs, pocket-pets, and farm animals such as sheep, goats, pigs, and horses. We are looking for an enthusiastic DVM to join our practice. New grads encouraged to apply. Although we are a mixed animal practice, a strong interest in an individual species is welcomed. Practice high quality medicine with a dedicated staff and excellent clientele. Generous compensation and benefits package includes health insurance, paid vacation, licensing, dues and CE.
More information at http://www.RobinsonHospitalForAnimals.com
- ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Large modern facility with 4 exam rooms, treatment area, surgery suite, 2 wards, separate kennel for felines and canines, indoor and outdoor large animal facility for cattle and horses.
- Full Idexx in-house laboratory including ProCyte and Catalyst machines fully integrated with AVImark Practice Management software.
- In-house ECG’s run and interpreted.
- Direct Digital X-ray system giving superb, readable images in mere seconds. Images accessible from any area in the facility.
- Isoflourane anesthesia, laser surgery, laser therapy, ultra-sonic dental equipment.
- Ultrasound machine.
- Swissfloat equine dental equipment.
- Complete pharmacy for both small and large farm animals including horses.
- AVImark practice management software accessible from any area in the facility including exam rooms.
Nestled in southeastern Illinois, Robinson offers a unique mix of urban opportunity and small-town warmth and friendliness. Progressive companies, such as Marathon Ashland Petroleum Refining and Hershey Chocolate, independent cottage industries, and quaint retail shops combine to offer a diverse job market.
Robinson is a community that can truly boast. It offers something for everyone. Surrounded by beautiful rural settings, outdoor recreation is available year round including fishing and hunting. The town has two golf courses, two well-kept parks and a topnotch school system. Located in the crossroads of America, Robinson is an easy drive to large metropolitan areas such as Nashville, Tennessee; St. Louis, Missouri; and Indianapolis, Indiana.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.