East State Veterinary Clinic in Fort Wayne, IN is seeking an Associate DVM to join our team (Generous Sign-on/Retention bonus)!
East State Veterinary Clinic is located in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Fort Wayne is the second largest city in Indiana with a population of about 250,000. East State Veterinary Clinic provides primary care services to the residents of Fort Wayne and surrounding areas. If you want to practice high quality medicine with a dedicated staff and excellent clientele we want to hear from you! New grads welcome to apply!
More information at http://www.eaststatevetclinic.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Our building provides four exam rooms, large waiting area, pharmacy, treatment room, 2 table surgical suite, and 3 wards.
- In house laboratory capabilities with the IDEXX Lasercyte and chemistry machine. In house Elisa tests available for FELV/FIV, Hearworm, and parvovirus. Once a day pick up for referral laboratory as well.
- In house ECG available.
- Digital Radiography.
- Isoflurane anesthesia.
- Ultrasonic Digital equipment with high speed drill.
- Complete Pharmacy & large selection of prescription and maintenance food.
- Avimark computer system.
Fort Wayne is home to one of the top rated children’s zoo in the nation. Our city also is home to a minor league baseball team called the Tin Caps with a new stadium (Parkview Field) built in 2009. Parkview Field also provides other outdoor activities such as concerts, and college sports. Other local sports entertainment include The Komets (ECHL Hockey) and The Mad Ants (NBA D-league). A large branch of Indiana/Purdue University (IPFW) is located minutes from the Veterinary Clinic. There are plenty of shopping opportunities in Fort Wayne and surrounding areas; we are home to a large shopping mall, an outdoor mall, and an outlet mall within a 45 minute drive. We are a three-time All-America City Award winner, and are consistently sited for our high quality of life, low cost of living and warm Hoosier Hospitality.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.