Quail Hollow Animal Hospital, located just north of Tampa in Wesley Chapel, FL is expanding and looking to hire a FOURTH Full-time Associate Veterinarian to join our practice.
Quail Hollow Animal Hospital, an AAHA, American Animal Hospital Association, accredited facility, is located in the village of Wesley Chapel, in Pasco County and about 30 minutes from downtown Tampa. Located on SR 54, we are conveniently located for both Hillsborough and Pasco county residents. Our facility is 13 years young but we have been providing excellent medicine for almost 25 years! Quail Hollow Animal Hospital provides primary care, laser surgery, pharmacy, in-house laboratory facilities, pet wellness plans, dental care, digital x-ray and digital dental x-ray, ultrasound imaging, anesthesiology and cold laser therapy.
More information at: http://quailhollowanimalhospital.com
About our hospital:
- Modern building with 5 exam rooms, medical treatment area, surgery suite, ultrasound/cold laser therapy room.
- Laser Surgery for faster healing and less bleeding.
- In house laboratory for blood chemistry, urinalysis, fecal as well as close association with external full-service clinical and pathological laboratories.
- In house ECG, tonometry, endoscopy, blood pressure and ultrasound.
- Direct Digital X-ray system, superb, readable films in 8 seconds.
- Isoflourane anesthesia and ultra-sonic dental equipment with digital dental x-rays.
- Excellent surgical monitoring capabilities including oscilloscope/defibrillator and pulse oximetry.
- An Aloka Prosound A6 ultrasound with color Doppler with EKG, pulse and continuous wave Doppler.
- Complete pharmacy – large inventory of established pharmaceuticals as well as supplements and prescription diet formulas.
- Newest version AVImark computerization streamlines the management of a client base of over 10k animals.
- We treat cats and dogs only
What we offer:
- Paid time off
- Paid CE
- Paid Doctors License renewals
- Health Insurance
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in FL.
- New Grads welcome to apply
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.