Chambersburg Animal Hospital is seeking a Managing DVM to join our practice!
Now offering housing bonus, student debt relief or relocation reimbursement
Chambersburg Animal Hospital is a full service companion pet hospital providing comprehensive veterinarian medical, surgical, and dental care for dogs, cats, and pocket pets. We are located conveniently off of Routes 81 and 30 in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania and have been serving the community for over 70 years.
Chambersburg Animal Hospital is a 4 doctor, well-established, full-service, small animal veterinary hospital providing comprehensive medical, surgical and dental care. We are located in Chambersburg, PA. Chambersburg is a modern city with a small town feel. Population is approximately 52,000. The area is rich in our nation’s Civil War history, with seasonal beauty, year-round recreation, and old-fashioned, hometown appeal. Recreation, shopping and cultural activities include: hunting, skiing, tubing, golf and fishing. Larger city attractions are easily accessible from Chambersburg, located only 3 hours outside Pittsburgh & Philadelphia, approximately 2 hours from Baltimore & D.C and 1 hour to Harrisburg & Frederick, MD. A desirable school district offering both private and public options and low cost of living makes Chambersburg the perfect place to live!
About our hospital:
- Four exam rooms, treatment area, large surgery suite, and recovery ward
- Full In-house laboratory utilizing modern Idexx equipment for both in-house and send out
- In house ECGs run and interpreted
- Electrosurgery and C02 Laser surgery
- Isoflourane anesthesia, electro surgery, and laser surgery
- Excellent surgical monitoring capabilities
- Digital X-ray system with excellent imaging quality seconds as well as Digital dental x-rays
- Ultrasonic Dental equipment
- Complete pharmacy- well-stocked inventory of established pharmaceuticals as well as many of the latest developments
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Newest version of AVI Mark software
- Relationships with referral practices when special diagnostic procedures are required
What we’re looking for:
- 4-7 years experience
- Outgoing and friendly personality
What we offer:
- Housing bonus, student debt relief or relocation reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Paid CE
- Paid Doctors License renewals
- Health Insurance
Find more information at www.chambersburganimalhospital.com
The Managing Doctor is responsible for providing medical leadership for the hospital, managing associate veterinarians, and assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine. The Managing Doctor is also responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine and exceptional client service are delivered.
In partnership with the Hospital Manager, the Managing Doctor is responsible for the financial performance and general operations of the hospital under the guidance of Divisional Leadership. In addition, the Hospital Manager and Managing Doctor are responsible for cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Advancing Medical Care
- Oversees surgical and medical cases for all doctors, ensuring positive outcomes, accurate estimates, and client communication and education.
- Answers client questions and concerns regarding medical and surgical procedures.
- Provides oversight and direction of medical standards, quality of care and inventory.
- Establishes medical protocols.
- Oversees transfer of medical cases from doctor to doctor.
- Minimizes waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories.
Leading Staff and Practice
- Participates in the recruiting and interviewing process for Doctors, and when appropriate general staff members.
- Monitors Doctor performance and production.
- Develops and monitors hospital-specific client compliance protocols and procedures.
- Participates in technician appraisal and medical counseling sessions.
- Ensures all medical staff receive applicable training, including the mentoring of new graduates.
- Supports the Hospital Manager with staff training programs and tracking CE and DVM licensure.
- Drives revenue and hospital contribution growth, which includes managing all hospital expenses.
- Assists in the preparation of an annual planning strategy, operating budget and capital budget.
- Monitors key financial reports.
Growing the Practice
- Drives patient visits and encourages community involvement.
- Embraces change and supports innovative programs within the hospital.
- Monitors client service, marketing, and NVA growth initiatives.
- Seeks out ways to innovate operational practices that improve the growth of the practice.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Delegates tasks and achieves results with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Leads employees by coaching, correcting, developing, and motivating them to achieve success.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.