Bradford Park Veterinary Hospital in Springfield, MO is seeking an experienced Associate DVM for General Practice to join our practice.
Bradford Park Veterinary Hospital is a full service veterinary medical facility, located in Springfield, MO. The professional and courteous staff seeks to provide the best possible medical care for their highly valued patients. We are a referral hospital with plenty of loyal clients and a large clinical trials practice. We have eight Doctors on staff including specialists in Dermatology and Dentistry, as well as a board certified surgeon. We are looking to add an internal medicine doctor to our team.
More information at www.bpvh.vetstreet.com .
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Digital dental x-ray
- Dental scaler
- Surgical Laser
- Idexx Catalyst/Procyte/Snapshot
- Hard and Soft-tissue surgery suites
- In house Laboratory
- Fully stocked pharmacy
Whether you prefer an eclectic urban scene, the peace of the countryside, or the close-to-everything convenience of suburban life, Springfield can fit your lifestyle. You’ll find some of the most affordable housing values in the United States. Two of the best health systems in the nation. A cost of living 10% lower than the national average. A pleasant, four-season climate. And fast, easy access to anywhere you need to go in town or out. Best of all, there’s a friendly, neighborly vibe everywhere you go. It’s a sense of community that you won’t find just anywhere, but it’s what makes Springfield, Missouri, quickly feel like home.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
- Minimum 4 years of General Practice experience
- Internist or board certified DVM preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.