Scenic Hills Animal Hospital in St. Paul, MN seeks an experienced Associate Veterinarian to join our team!
Scenic Hills Animal Hospital is a well-established, full-service small animal veterinary hospital providing comprehensive medical, surgical, and dental care. Recently AAHA accredited, we strive to provide exemplary customer service to all of our clients. We specialize in fear free and use many of the techniques they recommend. We are very focused on client education and comfort in our practice. We are a very laid back clinic and love having a personal connection with our clients, offering a small town feel even though we are in a big city. We are very pet motivated and it shows in our whole staff. Continuing education is a huge priority and there are lots of opportunities to continue to learn and grow.
For more information, please visit http://www.scenichillsanimalhospital.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Digital dental radiographs
- Companion therapy laser
- Catalyst and procyte blood machines
- PAW plans
- Complete Pharmacy
- Surgery suite
- Indoor boarding kennels with outdoor walking areas
About St. Paul
Whether you're looking for hockey, history, or hops you will find them all in St. Paul. A blue collar city build on the bluffs of America's greatest River - the Mississippi. We are North America's most romantic getaway, the top-ranked park system and the best local food scene.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.