Kentuckiana Animal Clinic, located in Owensboro, KY is seeking to hire an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice.
We are looking for someone with the ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members and is committed to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
We provide a broad spectrum of diagnostic procedures through in-house testing and the use of external laboratories. We also work closely with local practices when special diagnostic procedures are required. The facility includes a well-stocked pharmacy, in-hospital surgery suite, in-house x-ray capabilities, diagnostic ultrasound exams, and a closely supervised hospitalization area.
More information at http://kentuckiaananimalclinic.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Large hospital boasting an open-floor plan
- Digital Radiology
- Laser Therapy
- Double Surgery Suite with new state-of-the-art anesthesia machines
- Dental Suite including digital dental radiology (Suite to be upgraded by end of year to accommodate 2 dental stations)
- Pet Annual Wellness (PAW) Plans
- Family atmosphere
- Multi doctor practice with emphasis on teamwork -- cases are commonly shared among multiple doctors to provide best patient care
- Emphasis on state of the art medicine, doctors at this practice are always looking for new ways to practice medicine
- Licensed technicians available to each on call Doctor
- Busy Walk-in practice that sees a variety of cases
- Continuing education and advanced training supported and strongly encouraged
Owensboro is Kentucky’s fourth-largest city, a hidden gem nestled on a scenic bend of the Ohio River in Western Kentucky. People who visit Owensboro are doing it on purpose – and we make it worth the trip! From Owensboro’s signature barbecued mutton and burgoo to our ties to the roots of bluegrass music, Owensboro is the culinary and cultural hub of western Kentucky.
Owensboro hosts more than 20 annual festivals, including the world-famous International Bar-B-Q Festival, ROMP: Bluegrass Roots & Branches Festival, Big O Music Fest and the Western Kentucky Botanical Garden Daylily Festival. Along with our fun festivals, there are unique attractions and special events in Owensboro nearly every week of the year.Owensboro is home to the International Bluegrass Music Museum, the world’s only facility dedicated to the history and preservation of the history of the genre which originated in western Kentucky. And the Owensboro Museum of Fine Art, Kentucky’s second largest art museum, offers national touring exhibitions, a permanent collection featuring four centuries of American and European art and special interactive galleries for children.
Owensboro is designated as Sports Illustrated Magazine’s #1 Sportstown in Kentucky and is well known for sports and recreation options. With outstanding sports complexes hosting numerous tournaments and individual options like ice skating, disc golf and trail biking, Owensboro is one of the best places in Kentucky and the U.S. to participate in or watch sporting activities.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.