Oak Pointe Veterinary Care in Dover, OH seeks an Associate Veterinarian to join our compassionate team!
Oak Pointe Veterinary Care is located in the beautiful, rolling hills of East Central Ohio. Situated near the city of Dover (pop. 12,825), Oak Pointe Veterinary Care provides high quality primary care to dogs, cats and exotics. You will be working along side a highly trained staff that enjoys the practice and works well together. We provide adequate time off with no emergency duty required. Full-time or Part-time hours available. All experience levels welcome to apply!
For more information, please visit our website at: http://www.oakpointevet.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- AAHA certified with a highly trained and educated staff
- Four exam rooms, treatment area, large surgery suite, two patient wards and a large pharmacy
- Homelike atmosphere with natural lighting in all areas
- Staff lounge for lunches and bi-weekly office meetings
- Idexx in-house Catalyst and Lasercyte laboratory capabilities
- Aloka ultrasound and Universal radiology equipment
- New Midmark dental radiology and high speed dental drill
- Mew Companion Theraputic Laser
- Dedicated Surgical Suite & surgical monitoring capabilities by AVMA licensed RVT’s
- Electronic medical records with AVIMark software, providing terminals in every room
- Internet access at every terminal with WIFI
- Complete pharmacy –large inventory of established pharmaceuticals as well as many of the latest developments
- In addition to the regular small animal species, a significant number of avian, reptile, and small mammal cases add the challenge and rewards of exotic practice to our areas of expertise
About Tuscarawas County
Located between Cleveland, Columbus and Pittsburgh, Tuscarawas County is an easy 1-1.5 hour drive to each city. The beautiful, rolling hills of the county are situated on the edge of Amish country and offer shopping, dining, and driving experiences. Outdoor recreational opportunities include hiking, bicycling and boating. Local historical sites also draw many to our area for re-enactments, tours and festivals. A large branch campus of Kent State University is located in New Philadelphia and the cultural and entertainment advantages abound. There is an active Arts Center, a Performing Arts Hall, and The Tuscarawas Philharmonic Orchestra, along with the Little Theater of Tuscarawas County. The area is well represented with churches, social organizations, shopping areas, restaurants, etc. The cost-of-living in this area of central Ohio means that earned income goes farther dollar-for-dollar than in many other areas of the state. In addition, the profession enjoys an active local veterinary association, the Tuscarawas Valley Academy of Veterinary Medicine. These are some of the reasons why we feel that Tuscarawas County is one of the most attractive regions in Ohio in which to live and practice.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth.
- 1 - 3 years' experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.