The Emergency Veterinary Hospital in Rapid City, SD is looking for an Associate Veterinarian to join our 24-hour facility. New Graduates encouraged to Apply (up to $10,000 sign-on/retention bonus)!
We are looking for a friendly, positive, outgoing veterinarian (new grad or experienced) interested in practicing aggressive high quality small animal emergency medicine. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, a friendly and inviting work environment and dedicated support staff. Excellent opportunity for both an experienced DVM or someone who wants to develop their ER skills. Motivated individuals that seek certification encouraged to apply.
For more information, please visit our website at: www.animalclinicrc.com.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Updated spacious hospital with 6 exam rooms
- Large surgery suite and well-equipped treatment and ICU areas
- Digital radiography
- In-house state-of-the-art labs that make our diagnostic capabilities second to none
- Pulse ox, EKG, blood pressure, IV pumps, in-floor heat in cages, tonometer, gas anesthesia
- Orthopedic drill, plates, pins, external fixator hardware, TPLO equipment, etc.
About Rapid City, SD:
We are located in the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota close to Mount Rushmore. The area provides excellent hiking, camping, mountain biking, fishing, hunting, water skiing, rock climbing, ice climbing, snow skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, trail riding and rodeo. If you enjoy the outdoors, you will love it here! Rapid City has a population of 70,000 with the surrounding area of about 130,000. Rapid City offers wonderful affordable places to live with a low crime rate, great schools, numerous churches, excellent community events such as: concerts, symphonies, theater, movie theaters, horse shows, city league sports, great fitness centers and yoga studios. We have college sports events, a semi pro hockey team and the Black Hills Stock Show (a large regional event)!
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Emergency Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Veterinarian and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Examine animals to detect and determine the nature of diseases or injuries.
- Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds, performing surgery, or other therapies while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Candidate must have the experience and confidence to handle a busy caseload while providing exceptional customer service and the highest level of medicine.
- Our emergency department veterinarians are responsible for outpatient case care, emergency case triage, and monitoring hospitalized ER and specialty patients overnight. This position requires a candidate to possess and exhibit maturity and a high level of integrity.
- Triage multiple patients at once, focus on client education, have the skills to perform emergency procedures and surgery, and be confident in interpretation of diagnostic imaging and laboratory results
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Experienced emergency service veterinarians preferred, experienced day practice and successful internship participants will be considered.
- Availability to work overnight, weekend and holiday emergency shifts within a rotating schedule.
- Along with a positive attitude and a high degree of energy, qualified candidates will have excellent communication skills, the ability to lead and motivate a team of Technicians and Assistants, work as an extension of our Specialty team, and work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
- Must have active listening, critical thinking, complex problem solving, time management, judgment and decision making skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.