Veterinarian Wanted 9am to 5pm (Monday through Friday)
April 16, 2018
80000.00 - 130000.00
Type & Experience Level:
Full Time - More than seven years
DVM or equivalent
Mobile Imaging Veterinary Ultrasound (MiVU) is a mobile service for small animal hospitals throughout Northern VA, Maryland, the District of Columbia, and expanding into Richmond, VA performing diagnostic ultrasound examinations. Our clients are other veterinarians.
Duties and Responsibilities that are expected once training is complete:
· Use echocardiography to determine the source and extent of cardiac pathology
· Conduct an ultrasound scan to complete an abdominal exam, thoracic exam, confirm pregnancy, estimate litter size, confirm fetal viability, investigate parathyroids & thyroid glands, cryptorchid exam, ocular exam, and/or a general health screen
· Perform ultrasound-guided fluid cavity centesis
· Execute ultrasound-guided biopsy to include tru-cut tissue core biopsies (14ga.) and fine-needle biopsy.
· At least three years of veterinarian clinical experience
· At least one year of veterinarian clinical experience + ultrasound background
· Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine Degree
We hire for work ethic, compatibility attributes, and train for skill. The best part is you are compensated while you learn this skill. Normalize your hours. Earn more for your limited time. This job includes a business vehicle that can be used for personal use. We have a large area that leverages our services, which means our team members can live in the community of their choosing and fill this position.
The position is dependent upon the candidate successfully completing a rigorous training program that is up to 6 months long. The candidate will be compensated while in training. Preference will be given to general practitioners with +5 years experience.
Job Type: Full-time
MiVU is a mobile veterinary ultrasound service serving the Northern Virginia/Washington DC area veterinarians. MiVU conveniently offers advanced diagnostic ultrasound capability performed in our clients hospital thereby allowing our clients to preserve and maintain the doctor / client / patient relationship. MiVU's goal is to provide services that are consistently prompt, accurate, and affordable. Services provided include but are not limited to abdominal ultrasound, echocardiogram with cardiologist interpretation, fine-needle biopsies, tru-cut biopsies, and cavity centesis.