Licensed Veterinary Technician in Virginia Beach and Chesapeake, VA
Animal Eye Care Associates
April 11, 2018
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Type & Experience Level:
Full Time - One to seven years
Vet Tech / Nurse / Assistant
Canine, Feline, Other
Animal Eye Care of Virginia Beach and Chesapeake are seeking qualified Licensed Veterinary Technicians for both our Chesapeake and Virginia Beach offices. The LVT’s are under the direct guidance and supervision of the doctors and their primary role is to support and assist the doctors of the hospital. This candidate should be a positive, highly self-motivated individual who can not only work well individually, but in a team environment. Candidates of this position are required to help improve the quality of care given to the patients of Animal Eye Care of Virginia Beach and to aid the doctors in achieving greater efficiency by relieving them of technical work and administrative detail.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs all duties in accordance with government regulations and hospital policies and procedures.
- Assists the doctor in medical and surgical procedures; prepares patients for surgery; induces anesthesia for surgical procedures; monitor patients during surgery and recovery.
- Gives injections and administers oral medications.
- Maintains and properly records all controlled drugs.
- Admits and discharges patients on the doctor's orders. Counsels clients on various aspects of animal care; explains dosage/purpose of medications;
reinforces the proper care and procedures that should be followed at home; makes follow-up calls to clients.
- Understands usage and dosage for commonly used prescription and can readily explain them to clients.
- Performs diagnostic tests specific to veterinary ophthalmology as determined by the doctors
- Maintains an appropriate inventory of all drugs and medical supplies.
- Assists other staff members as required.
- Prepares estimates for clients
- Performs other duties as determined by the doctors.
- Licensed in the state of Virginia
- 2+ years of experience as a licensed tech
- Team Leadership qualities
This position will include shifts in both our Chesapeake and Virginia Beach locations and will consist primarily of day shifts, Monday through Friday, with occasional Saturday work. Animal Eye Care of Virginia Beach provides great benefits to their employees including (but not limited to) health insurance, paid holidays, 401k, uniform allowance and continuing education allowance.
About Animal Eye Care Associates
Animal Eye Care Associates offers advanced medical and surgical therapy for the diagnosis and treatment of eye problems in pets and the advancement of vision in all species. Animal Eye Care Associates currently have 6 practices across North Carolina and Virginia (Chesapeake, Virginia Beach and Yorktown, VA and Wilmington, Cary and Durham, NC).
We understand how much our pets mean to us, and how important it is to maintain their well-being by providing them with the best in health care. Through advanced training, and keeping abreast of the latest in knowledge and technology, we have been able to provide excellence in veterinary ophthalmology to Hampton Roads communities since 1996. Our goal is to make our services available to as many pet owners as possible, by maintaining high quality medicine at an affordable price. Compassion, communication, and customer service are the foundations of our entire team, and we strive to bring these values to every client and pet entrusted to ou